In Nordic HealthTech Talents program, we offer you:
- Grant: DKK 50,000 to all selected startups.
- Fully-Funded international travels: a chance to visit and collaborate with local communities in 5 Nordic countries.
- Professional Training: personal leadership skills, team building workshops, business development training courses provided by industry-leading experts.
- Mentor program: hand-picked advisors and mentors to help you reach the next level.
- Co-creation lab: a chance to collaborate with industry experts, lab scientists, researchers, innovators, experienced entrepreneurs and corporate networks co-creating new business ideas from e.g. unused patents.
- Extensive Network: Meet fellow entrepreneurs, investors, lab scientists and get access to competitions.
- Shadowing sessions: Follow an experienced entrepreneur on a day to day basis handling negotiations, market, innovation and leading a company.
What we expect from you:
The program focuses on developing your entrepreneurial mind-set and capabilities using your startup ideas as a lab where you can immediately bring acquired skills and tools into action. Hence, to achieve the goal, the program consists of the following elements:
A 2-track development journey
The program is built upon the premise that talents and ideas are developed over time. That is why the journey has been divided into 2-tracks. The first track will focus on the development of you, as a leader, and your ability to develop yourself and your team. Once this has been established, the second track will focus on the development of your company, the market and investments.
A co-creation lab
Interacting and sparring with others will help you creatively and innovatively. In the co-creation lab, you will get the chance to collaborate with industry experts, lab scientists with all corporate networks, and resources like unused patents.
Nordic mentor program
With the support of Venture Cup’s mentor resources personal mentors and specialists will be assigned to assist you throughout your journey.
Application deadline : 11 June 2018
Who can apply ?
The aim of the program is to select the 10 best startups and ideas, to apply you must fulfill ALL 3 requirements:
1. A good idea in HealthTech
You need to have a feasible and innovative idea related to the HealthTech industry. It doesn’t matter if it’s just an idea, or if you have already started developing and establishing it as a startup.
2. At least 1 member belongs to a university
One team member in the startup should be associated with a Nordic University (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, or Sweden) as a student, staff member, or recent graduate. Make sure your team complies with the rules.
3. Two members from 1 team
Each team selects 2 members to participate in the program. At least one has to be a founder. If you’re a solo-rider, our suggestion is to get out there and network, and find yourself a partner to apply together!
Where to apply?
You can upload your application online here
IMPORTANT! Before you apply, check the checklist:
- You and your business plan comply with the rules
- Your business plan is ready and contains the relevant information: idea, team, target market, financing,implementation plan.
- All contact info on all team members should be clearly stated in the business idea and in our online competition management tool (the site where you upload your business plan)
- Make sure your business plan is saved as a PDF of max 10MB and named after your business plan
Interested in joining the program? Not sure if you fit the criteria? Have questions that have not been answered in our Q&A section?
Feel free to contact us!
Do you want to join us as a partner in the program? Contact Nina our Project Manager!
Q & A
You are welcome to apply if you fit all 3 requirements- 1. You have a feasible, innovative idea in HealthTech that you want to are already developing in; 2. You have at least 1 member enrolled in a university in a Nordic country (check the rules of definition of students here); 3. Your application should have 2 members that will join the program if your team is selected.
Yes! As long as one member of the startup is associated with a Nordic university (e.g. staff member, current student, or someone who has graduated within the last year) then it doesn’t matter that you are not a student.
Yes! Recent graduates fit our 2nd criteria as a student, for more details you can check the rules here.
There must be at least 2 members in a team to join this program. Find a partner who will work with you and then you can apply this program together.
Each team can only have 2 members to join this program. If you have more than 2 persons in your team, choose the two who you think best represent your startup to apply, as long as one of them is a founder of the company.
No. You don’t have to have a registered company to apply this program, as long as you have a feasible and innovative idea in HealthTech, no matter what stage your idea/startup is in, you are welcomed to apply.
The idea of HealthTech is health improved by technology, you can check our graph here for some examples
Yes, and by participating in our program you will not only receive the grant, but also more resources and access to mentors, investors, training workshops, and courses that will help bring your startup to the next level.
The 2-track development journey is a series of workshops and courses that focus on improving your:
– personal leadership skills e.g. innovation, communication, coaching, planning and execution, stakeholder management and team development as well as your
– business development skills, e.g. business modelling, strategy, go-to-market, investments, finances and investor day.
Yes, we cover participants’ relevant traveling and accommodation expenses (budget fares/stays).
Selected participants are obligated to participate in all workshops, courses and activities throughout the program.
The application deadline is 11 June, 2018. The program will start in the end of August and take approximately 1 year. Most workshops and activities will last 3 days per month in different Nordic locations. The actual dates and places will be announced shortly.
All participants are obligated to participate in the full program in order to receive financial support from the program.
The program covers all Nordic countries and participants will have a chance to visit and collaborate with local communities in these countries. More details about dates and venues will be announced shortly.
The grant is paid to the individual company in 4 installments. The program’s participants are at all times responsible for complying with VAT and tax laws in their home countries. Note that the Venture Cup does not pre-calculate taxes and VAT before paying the grant.
Travel expenses and expenses for stay and catering in connection with project workshops and events are refunded by sending an attachment to Venture Cup. Rules for expenses and attachments are submitted upon admission to the program.