On Friday, June 19, 2015, YoooWe from CBS won the annual Venture Cup Startup Competition – the Danish national championship for university startups hosted by IDA, the Danish Society of Engineers.
Out of 170,000 Danish university students, 18 teams reached the finals. They competed in six different categories for cash prizes totalling DKK 350,000 and, perhaps more importantly, a place in the University Startup World Cup, which will be held in Copenhagen later this year, on September 14–18.
After the first round of pitching and feedback from the jury – a panel of industry experts and senior executives – the six category winners, who won DKK 25,000 each and a place in the World Cup, were announced:
- Ecological Disposal Systems, DTU, won the “Cleantech & Environment” category
- Clickflow, KU, the “Life Science & Med Tech” category
- Bikematch, SDU, the “Mobile & Web” category
- Sensohive, SDU/KU, the “Product & Technology” category
- YoooWe, CBS, the “Services” category
- TubusOne, AAU, the “Social Entrepreneurship” category.
After the announcement of the category winners, the six teams went back on stage to present their live pitches. The winner of the national championship for university entrepreneurs was finally chosen: YoooWe. This platform is like Airbnb for surf, ski and snowboard rentals and lessons. The team won DKK 225,000 to boost their startup.
Venture Cup would like to congratulate all finalist teams and thanks all parties involved in the championship, including sponsors, mentors and jury members.