Thank you for your interest in becoming an online judge!
If you're accepted as an online judge, you'll play a vital role in the journey of an early-stage startup and use your experience to evaluate new, great and groundbreaking ideas from innovative university students from different disciplines.
You'll be part of a network of more than 400 jurors from the business community.
What's in it for you?
- You will be part of the Venture Cup family which means that we'll be forever thankful
- You'll be invited to relevant events and competitions
- You'll have a finger on the entrepreneurial pulse
- By sharing your knowledge and experience, you're given something back to university students eager to pursue their entrepreneurial dream!
- You'll be part of a network of 400 jurors
"Being a jury member is a challenging and inspiring job, and I personally get a lot of energy from helping startups. At Venture Cup, I see a very high level of very potential startups which makes it even more inspiring, fun and valuable."
Anette Nørgaard, Vaekstfonden
What does it mean to be a judge ?
- You can expect to evaluate approx. 5-8 business plans per competition
- This equals to about 7-10 hours on evaluating, rating and commenting on business plans from the comfort of your home or office (online system)
- The tasks of the judge are to act as a qualifier, separating the unique, from the good, and the “needs more work”; provide constructive feedback to the teams in order for them to understand their overall score; offer suggestions on how to move forward
- In addition to the online judge function, you may be selected to take part in the panel of jury members at the Award Show events. Preference is given to online judges who have given the most valuable and constructive feedback in terms of not only rating but in terms of qualitative suggestions, motivation and argumentations
- All ideas submitted to Venture Cup are 100% confidential, therefore all judges must sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) in order to be accepted
- Evaluation of teams is a mandatory part of the Venture Cup process – hence being accepted as a judge will guarantee that you will play an active role in the competitions you choose.
- Judges are carefully selected volunteers, chosen by invitation-only, as they provide the backbone of the competition. We are grateful that so many professionals wish to donate their time and expertise to this novel cause
- Venture Cup reserves the right to select individuals who display outstanding commitment to helping the young entrepreneurs in terms of providing useful feedback to the participating teams. We reserve the right to cancel your participation at any time if the above should not prove to be the case
National Startup Competitions
Our core competency is to provide university students in Denmark with a competition platform in which they can validate and showcase their business idea while competing with university students from all over the country.
Each year, we receive hundreds of business plans from university startups who are competing within different categories such as Green, Health, Product and Digital.
University Startup World Cup
Each year, we invite the very best university startups to Copenhagen to visit companies, pitch, network with the ecosystem and compete to be awarded the world's best university startup.
We are focusing on the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. That means all startups will be striving to one of these goals. But don’t worry, you don’t need to be an SDG-expert. Our platform will be enough for you to review the business plans without being SDG literate.
Nordic HealthTech Startups
Venture Cup and Novo Nordisk Foundation has teamed up to bring you the best Nordic HealthTech startups.
Nordic HealthTech Talents is a 1-year development program providing 10 selected startups with business and leadership training and a community that shares and inspires the innovation of HealthTech.