Thank you for your interest in becoming an online judge!
Venture Cup is always eager to expand the existent network of qualified and enthusiastic jury members. Are you interested in becoming part of the university startup environment?
We are looking for individuals with a solid business, strategic, entrepreneurial and/or venture capital background and for people with expert knowledge in specific areas, such as greentech, biotech, finance and marketing.
"Being a jury member is a challenging and inspiring job, and I personally get a lot of energy from helping startups. Microsoft wants to help startups getting successful. At Venture Cup, I see a very high level of very potential startups which makes it even more inspiring, fun and valuable."
Anette Nørgaard, Vaekstfonden
What's in it for you ?
- You have direct access to the Danish university startup environment
- You get access to a network of business professionals with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You can raise awareness of you and your company
- You can get the latest insights into the innovation and entrepreneurship field
- You can improve your toolbox by sharpening your skills on live case material
- You can tailor your involvement to specific needs
What does it mean to be a judge ?
- You can expect to evaluate approx. 5-8 business plans for our competitions in December and May
- This equals to about 7-10 hours twice a year on evaluating, rating and commenting on business plans from the comfort of your home or office (online system)
- The tasks of the judge are to act as a qualifier, separating the unique, from the good, and the “needs more work”; provide constructive feedback to the teams in order for them to understand their overall score; offer suggestions on how to move forward
- In addition to the online judge function, you may be selected to take part in the Panel of Jury members at the Award Show events. Preference is given to online judges who have given the most valuable and constructive feedback in terms of not only rating but in terms of qualitative suggestions, motivation and argumentations
- All ideas submitted to Venture Cup are 100% confidential, therefore all judges must sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) in order to be accepted
- Evaluation of teams is a mandatory part of the Venture Cup process – hence being accepted as a judge will guarantee that you will play an active role in the competitions you choose.
- Judges are carefully selected volunteers, chosen by invitation-only, as they provide the backbone of the competition. We are grateful that so many professionals wish to donate their time and expertise to this novel cause
- Venture Cup reserves the right to select individuals who display outstanding commitment to helping the young entrepreneurs in terms of providing useful feedback to the participating teams. We reserve the right to cancel your participation at any time if the above should not prove to be the case