In the Nordic HealthTech Talents program, we offer you:
- Grant: DKK 50,000 to all selected startups.
- Fully-Funded international travels: a chance to visit and collaborate with local communities in 5 Nordic countries.
- Professional Training: personal leadership skills, team building workshops, business development training courses provided by industry-leading experts.
- Mentor program: hand-picked advisors and mentors to help you reach the next level.
- Co-creation lab: a chance to collaborate with industry experts, lab scientists, researchers, innovators, experienced entrepreneurs and corporate networks co-creating new business ideas from e.g. unused patents.
- Extensive Network: Meet fellow entrepreneurs, investors, lab scientists and get access to competitions.
- Shadowing sessions: Follow an experienced entrepreneur on a day to day basis handling negotiations, market, innovation and leading a company.
What we expect from you:
The program focuses on developing your entrepreneurial mind-set and capabilities using your startup ideas as a lab where you can immediately bring acquired skills and tools into action. Hence, to achieve the goal, the program consists of the following elements:
A 2-track development journey
The program is built upon the premise that talents and ideas are developed over time. That is why the journey has been divided into 2-tracks. The first track will focus on the development of you, as a leader, and your ability to develop yourself and your team. Once this has been established, the second track will focus on the development of your company, the market and investments.
A co-creation lab
Interacting and sparring with others will help you creatively and innovatively. In the co-creation lab, you will get the chance to collaborate with industry experts, lab scientists with all corporate networks, and resources like unused patents.
Nordic mentor program
With the support of Venture Cup’s mentor resources personal mentors and specialists will be assigned to assist you throughout your journey.
The deadline for 2018 already passed, but you can sign up here to receive the latest update from Nordic HealthTech Talents, and notification for next run!
Who can apply ?
The aim of the program is to select the 10 best startups and ideas, to apply you must fulfill ALL 3 requirements:
1. A good idea in HealthTech
You need to have a feasible and innovative idea related to the HealthTech industry. It doesn’t matter if it’s just an idea, or if you have already started developing and establishing it as a startup.
2. You are a startup in the Nordics
Your startup is based in the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, or Sweden), or one of your team members associated with a Nordic University as a student, staff, or alumni. Make sure your team complies with the rules.
3. Two members from 1 team
Each team selects 2 members to participate in the program. At least one has to be a founder. If you’re a solo-rider, our suggestion is to get out there and network, and find yourself a partner to apply together!
Where to apply?
The deadline for 2018 already passed, but you can sign up below to receive the latest update from Nordic HealthTech Talents, and notification for next run!
IMPORTANT! Before you apply, check the checklist:
- Your business plan is ready and contains the relevant information: idea, team, target market, financing, implementation plan. As an inspiration, you can take a look at this template called Impact Canvas from University of Tampere.
- Your business plan is saved as a PDF and is no longer than 10 pages.
- You meet all of our program criteria.
Interested in joining the program? Have questions that have not been answered in our Q&A section?
Don’t hesitate to contact!
Do you want to join us as a partner in the program? Contact Nina our Project Manager!
Q & A
You are welcome to apply if you fit all 3 requirements:
1. You have a feasible, innovative idea in HealthTech that you want to are already developing in
2. You have at least 1 member enrolled in a university in a Nordic country (check the rules of definition of students here)
3. Your application should have 2 members that will join the program if your team is selected.
Yes! As long as one member of the startup is associated with a Nordic university (e.g. staff member, current student, or a recent graduate) then it doesn’t matter that you are not a student.
– personal leadership skills e.g. innovation, communication, coaching, planning and execution, stakeholder management and team development as well as your
– business development skills, e.g. business modelling, strategy, go-to-market, investments, finances and investor day.
Travel expenses and expenses for stay and catering in connection with project workshops and events are refunded by sending an attachment to Venture Cup. Rules for expenses and attachments are submitted upon admission to the program.